Selena Gomez - Selena Gomez Wants Glee Role

Selena Gomez would love a cameo role in either 'Glee' or 'Gossip Girl'.

Selena Gomez wants to guest star in 'Glee'.

The singer-and-actress recently worked with hunky Cory Monteith - who plays Finn Hudson in the musical TV show - in new movie 'Monte Carlo' and admitted she had spoken to both him and their co-star, 'Gossip Girl' actress Leighton Meester, about taking on a cameo role in their programmes.

She said: "I would love to have a cameo in 'Glee' or 'Gossip Girl'. I've recently worked on the movie 'Monte Carlo' with Leighton Meester - who plays Blair Waldorf in 'Gossip Girl' and Cory Monteith, who plays Finn Hudson in 'Glee' and I've always joked to them that I would take on a role in their shows in a heartbeat but unfortunately they're not the ones who make the casting decisions."

Selena recently finished work on the final episodes of her TV programme, Disney's 'Wizards of Waverly Place' and although she is hoping to pursue a film career, the 19-year-old star admitted saying goodbye to her character Alex Russo, was one of the hardest things she has ever had to do.

She exclusively told BANG Showbiz: "My TV show 'Wizards of Waverly Place' filmed its last episode earlier this year so I would love to do a little bit more film work because I haven't done that much of it so far so I think that's the direction I want to go in next.

"Finishing on the show and filming my final scenes was one of the hardest things I had to do because obviously my character Alex was such a big part of my life for so long, I'm going to miss everybody from the show so much but they are still a big part of my life and we'll always stay in touch."

The 2011 MTV EMA airs live from Belfast Sunday, 6th November at 9pm on MTV.