Selena Gomez planning Xmas break

Selena Gomez is taking some time off around Christmas.

The 19-year-old beauty who is dating 'Baby' hitmaker Justin Bieber - wants to have a few weeks off around the festive period after a busy year of touring and performing, and may be spending it with her boyfriend.

She said: "I've had a week off for Thanksgiving, and then I'm having a week-and-a-half or two weeks off for Christmas time. And then I'm just going to relax and do nothing."

Selena is particularly looking forward to seeing in 2012, but admits she has not "planned" anything in particular for the next year.

She told MTV News: "I feel like this approach of this year, I wasn't expecting any of the things that happened.

"And so I just kind of want to go into the end of this year and the beginning of next year just excited and in a good place and not planning anything."

The former 'Wizards of Waverley Place' star recently revealed she loves to bake in her downtime.

She said: "I like to bake - cookies and cakes and stuff. I'm not that good but that's the whole fun of it; you get to mess around and experiment."